This is a real treat for all broad beans lovers. Hummus with a summer twist. Creamy broad beans, spinach, salty feta, crunchy pine nuts and fresh dill. They all go together so well in this delicious, beautifully green hummus.
Serve it with a splash of good quality olive oil and some grissini and you will be a hero (or heroine) of the day.
Makes 4-6 servings
- 400 g broad beans, cooked and peeled
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 g baby spinach leaves, blanched and drained
- 200 g feta cheese
- 40 g pine nuts, toasted, plus extra, to garnish
- 1/4 cup dill sprigs, plus extra, chopped, to garnish
- 2-3 tbsp cold water
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil and grissini sticks, to serve
Place the broad beans, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, spinach, feta, pine nuts, dill, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth.
Add some water to get the right, smooth consistency. Add one tbsp at the time and blend, checking the consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and blend again.
Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with extra dill, pine nuts and pepper. Drizzle with oil and serve with grissini or crackers.
Don't underestimate the role of fresh dill here.
I assure you- it makes a big difference here. So even if you are not a big fan of it- give it a try, you will not be disappointed.