This is my free interpretation of Spanish classics. My farewell concerning summer.
Refreshing, suprising, delicious. Variety of textures and richness of flavours in one glass: sweet watermelon, salty feta and fiery jalepeno.
Because summer has so many faces.
Makes 3 servings
- 400 grams watremelon
- 1 green cucumber (seeds removed), diced
- 3 sweet tomatoes (seeds and watery part removed), diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced finely
- 50 grams feta cheese
- 2 tbsp green parsley, chopped
- 1/8-1/2 jalapeno (The amount can vary depending on how hot jalepeno is. Adjust the amount to your liking. Mine was extremely hot, so I took only a bit)
- salt, pepper to taste
- olive oil, for decoration
Stick jalapeno on a fork and charr it all over on the gaz burner. Once charred, place it in a bowl and cover with plastic. Once cool enough to handle, remove the skin and seeds. Be careful! I recommend to do it in gloves to avoid irritations (And I know exactly what I'm talking about :)).
Place watermelon, 2 tomatoes, half of the cucumber, half of onion and a piece of jalapeno in a blender jar and blend until smooth.
Check the spiciness and add more jalapeno if needed.
Season with salt and pepper.
Add the rest of diced tomatoes, cucumber and onion to the glasses. Pour the blended watermelon over the veggies.
Top the soup with a few drops of olive oil, crumbled feta and geeen parsley.
Chill in a fridge. Serve cold. Enjoy!