It was my first meal after Easter and I was extremely pleased with it. This salad is light but very fullfilling at the same time. Different textures and flavours play together so well and create a complex and interesting meal- perfect for lunch or light dinner.
Makes 2-4 servings
- 100-150 grams pearl barley, cooked
- 1 small cauliflower, chopped into smaller pieces
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 4 tbsp green parsley, chopped
- handful walnuts, roasted on a dry pan
- handful cashew nuts, roasted on a dry pan
- 1/2 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 100 grams feta cheese
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molases
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lemon, zest from the whole lemon and 1 tbsp of juice
- pinch salt
Preheat the oven to 200 C degrees.
In a large bowl combine olive oil, turmeric, cumin and salt. Add cauliflower and toss everything gently until cauliflower is fully covered with oil and spices.
Line the baking tray with the baking paper and spread the cauliflower over it. Roast it for 20 minutes or longer until the cauliflower is soft and golden.
Remove from the oven and let it cool.
In a large bowl combine pearl barley, herbs and nuts.
Ina a small jar combine all dressing ingredients.
Toss the salad with part of the dressing.
Arrange salad nicely on a plate. Scatter over the pomegranate seeds and dot with the crumbled feta.
Finish with the rest of the dressing.
Serve and enjoy!!
Fajna sałatka! Bardzo lubię sałatki z pęczakiem!
Dziękuję bardzo. Ja też lubię takie sałatki z dodatkiem kasz lub makaronów- lekkie a jednak sycące i idealne na ciepłe dni, kiedy nie chce się za długo stać przy garach 🙂