This salad is a perfect match of bitter chicory and sweet accents of beets and fruits. It is finished with creamy and nutty tahini and maple syrup dressing.
It is perfect for lunch or dinner. It will be awesome also as a light meal after heavy Christmas' menu.
Makes 2 servings:
- 1 chicory, cut in 0,5cm slices
- 1 small apple, sliced finely
- 1 beetroot, baked
- 1 persimon, sliced
- 1 handfull baby spinach leaves
- 1 handfull pomegranate arils
- 1 handfull pumpkin seeds, roasted on a dry pan
- parsley leaves, for decoration and taste
- 5 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5-7 tbsp water
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- salt, pepper to taste
Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl adding as much water as needed to reach a right consistency. It should be running and not so very thick.
Mix chicory slices and spinach leaves with a few spoons of tahini dressing. Transfer the greens on a serving plater.
Arrange beetroot chunks, persimon and apple slices. Add pomegranate and pumpkin seeds.
Top the salad with parsley leaves. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
Serve with bowl od dressing on a side.